FAQ RULES AREAS OF INTEREST GENERAL CHATROOM ROLEPLAY CHATROOM
Before joining the group, please read through the rules for joining and instructions for making your character card.General Rules
- Respect other members, no racist language or harassing others. If you have a problem with someone's behaviour please contact a moderator.
- Submissions shouldn't contain any overly violent or sexual content, any work containing banned content will be removed.
- Make sure to submit work to the corresponding quest folder/character folder/location etc
- You DO NOT need to draw a comic strip to tell your story, if you can draw a single shot that tells a story then you are awesome! But if you feel more comfortable doing a comic strip then by all means.
- Once a Quest is over you will not have a chance to win a feature from it. But you can still join the Quest for fun.
- NO SIMPLE LINE WORK PIECE ACCEPTABLE, all artwork must be shaded or colored. This is kinda tricky as art is very subjective and everyone has a different style, but what is considered line work? Will just one shade of colors over a linework be considered colored? To give you a brief idea of what is acceptable. This is barely acceptable [link]
but still acceptable because there are different shades of grey and black to give the image depth. This is not acceptable [link]
because it pretty much is just a linework with no shading or color. This is highly acceptable [link]
as it has colors and shading. And this is the best example of acceptable artwork with limited colors [link]
. you see how there wasn't any complicated colors used but just by adding in a shade of colors it brings the image alive. The safest way is just to color your artwork to avoid controversy
Hope that helps.
- No Team Rocket or Magma/Aqua or Galactic or Plas ma etc in the Rainbow region, we have Team Monochrome instead. What a Monochrome grunt looks like is up for interpretation.Character Cards
- When joining, first you must download the character card [link]
. This must contain:A full body picture of your trainer
Your main pokemon
General information (name, age, home-town, birthday, gender etc)
- Other features such as accessories your character has and what's in your character's bag (if they have a bag) can be included if you so wish.
- When you join, your character is allowed to have one pokemon only, more can be 'caught' later on in Side Quests.
- Your Main Pokemon cannot
be a legendary, and by legendary we mean:
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Latias, Latios, Deoxys, Uxi, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Phione, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Regigigas, Shaymin, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Victini, Cobalon, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Voltolos, Tornelos, Landlos, Melloeta and Genesect.
- The background doesn't have to be the default sky blue color, in fact I encourage you to change it to something more reflective of your character, eg a green camouflage pattern if your character is an army guy, or underwater background if your character loves water pokemon.
- Your character doesn't have to be a Pokemon Trainer, they can have any roles they want. Lawyer, Cook, Teacher, Army, ex gangster, Team Monochrome member, Artist anything. The ONLY ones you can't be is Champion, Elites, Gym Leaders and Ace Trainers (Because those are the admins and you get to fight Gym Leaders and Elites later on)Collection Cards
- Next, download the second card called the Collection Card [link]
, which will be used to display your character's other pokemon, gym badges and other Collectables you gain from joining Main Quests.
-This card is optional, but its good to let others see what Quests you have joined or your Pokemon collection.Catching Pokemon
In the Pokemon Rainbow Region there are lots of locations that has Pokemon ready for you to catch! With the Golden Forest where lots of wild electric Pokemon lives, to the mysterious Black Cave where scary Pokemon lurks about. You can catch them by drawing you and your main Pokemon catching them in action! And just like that you can add the Pokemon to your party! There are no time limits to these catching Pokemon quests.Locations
So we mentioned catching Pokemon in the Rainbow Region Locations, but you can choose to do anything in the Locations really. You can have a picnic there, fight other trainers there, hang out with the local Pokemon, play sports etc. The areas are free for you to do anything you want! And you can view the Pokemon Region Map to see what Areas are Available [link]
.Joining Main Quests
This is the main event of the group, you can join the 'Main Quests'! These are active quests that has specific rules that applies, it could be quests about waking up a Snorlax, rescuing a Pichu from the cliff, Digging up fossils, assisting Officer Jenny in a crime scene or even Gym Battles! The quests has a due date however, once the quest ends the best drawing for that quest would be featured in the feature section of the Gallery. From joining the Quests you will collect interesting items like fossils, flutes, Bicycle or even badges! You can then choose to list them in your Collection Card for others to see! If you are wondering what the current quests are, please go to the main page to find a custom box with details of current quests available.Pokemon Sunday/Quiz
Every sunday (It could be a Saturday night for countries.. so lets just say weekend) there is a Pokemon giveaway in the chatroom [link]
and sometimes we have a quiz to see who can win a special Pokemon, the admin would ask 20 Pokemon related questions. Its also a great way to come in and meet the other members.