FAQ RULES AREAS OF INTEREST GENERAL CHATROOM ROLEPLAY CHATROOM
Before joining the group, please read through the rules for joining and instructions for making your character card.General Rules
- Respect other members, no racist language or harassing others. If you have a problem with someone's behaviour please contact a moderator.
- Submissions shouldn't contain any overly violent or sexual content, any work containing banned content will be removed. Mention of killing and assassination or rape will not be allowed as this is a PG group. If you want to have a rough idea of what is acceptable, refer back to the anime or the games. What would Team Rocket do? Kidnap? Yup. Brainwash? Yup. Kill? Probably not.
- Make sure to submit work to the corresponding quest folder/character folder/location etc
- You DO NOT need to draw a comic strip to tell your story, if you can draw a single shot that tells a story then you are awesome! But if you feel more comfortable doing a comic strip then by all means.
- NO SIMPLE LINE WORK PIECE ACCEPTABLE, all artwork must be shaded or colored. This is kinda tricky as art is very subjective and everyone has a different style, but what is considered line work? Will just one shade of colors over a linework be considered colored? To give you a brief idea of what is acceptable. This is barely acceptable 2.bp.blogspot.com/_28omU1daeSI…
but still acceptable because there are different shades of grey and black to give the image depth. This is not acceptable dragonfable.com/images/designo…
because it pretty much is just a linework with no shading or color. This is highly acceptable th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f…
as it has colors and shading. And this is the best example of acceptable artwork with limited colors dawr.deviantart.com/art/The-Bl…
. you see how there wasn't any complicated colors used but just by adding in a shade of colors it brings the image alive. The safest way is just to color your artwork to avoid controversy
Hope that helps.
- No tracing or using base, if we find you using an existing image or just altering it and call it your own. We would decline your entry. We encourage members to draw from scratch, mainly to help them improve their skills and keep their entry original, don't limit yourself to a structured image you found on the net!
- No Team Rocket or Magma/Aqua or Galactic or Plasma etc in the Rainbow region, we have
Team Monochrome instead. What a Monochrome grunt looks like is up for interpretation.
EDIT: Sorry but Team Monochrome is currently not accepting new members. Please start a new team or something if you like as currently theres no canon badguy team.Joining
- Just click the join button and you will be in. YES YOU CAN JOIN ANYTIME. Character Cards
- When joining, first you must download the character card ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/C…
This must contain:A full body picture of your trainer
Your main pokemon
General information (name, age, home-town, birthday, gender etc its up to you)
- Other features such as accessories your character has and what's in your character's bag (if they have a bag) can be included if you so wish.
- When you join, your character is allowed to have one pokemon only, more can be 'caught' later on in Locations, NPC Trade, Members Trade, Quests, Events, Quiz.
- Your Main Pokemon cannot
be a legendary, and by legendary we mean:
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Latias, Latios, Deoxys, Uxi, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Phione, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Regigigas, Shaymin, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Victini, Cobalon, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Voltolos, Tornelos, Landlos, Melloeta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie.
- The background doesn't have to be the default sky blue color, in fact I encourage you to change it to something more reflective of your character, eg a green camouflage pattern if your character is an army guy, or lava volcano background if your character loves fire pokemon.
- Your character doesn't have to be a Pokemon Trainer, they can have any roles they want. Lawyer, Chef, Teacher, Army, ex gangster, Musician, Student, Ninja, Artist anything. The ONLY ones you can't be is Champion, Elites, Gym Leaders and Ace Trainers (Because those are the admins and you get to fight Gym Leaders and Elites later on). The character also has to be human.Collection Cards
- Next, download the second card called the Collection Card ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/C…
, which will be used to display your character's other pokemon, gym badges and other Collectables you gain from joining Main Quests.
-This card is optional, but its good to let others see what Quests you have joined or your Pokemon collection.Catching Pokemon
In the Pokemon Rainbow Region there are lots of locations that has Pokemon ready for you to catch! With the Golden Forest where lots of wild electric Pokemon lives, to the mysterious Black Cave where scary Pokemon lurks about. You can catch them by drawing you and your main Pokemon catching them in action! And just like that you can add the Pokemon to your party! There are no time limits to these catching Pokemon activities. You cannot capture pokemon during quests though. Quests are different thing. Please read a bit further down for more infoLocations
So we mentioned catching Pokemon in the Rainbow Region Locations, but you can choose to do anything in the Locations really. You can have a picnic there, fight other trainers there, hang out with the local Pokemon, play sports etc. The areas are free for you to do anything you want! So far there are three lands that has different locations in there, Rainbow region, 10000 BC Dimension and Xandy Island. For Rainbow Region click here ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/T…
For 10000 BC Dimension click here pokemonrainbow.deviantart.com/…
and for Xandy Island click here ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/X…Quests
- One of the core thing you can do in Pokemon Rainbow are the Quests. Quests usually has 2-3 weeks due date, after the due date the admins (Champion and elites) will have a vote on which entry is their favourite and pick a winner, the winning piece will get a permanent feature in our gallery. As well as a Quest medal (Quest medals are the only way to achieve legendaries, see below for more details).
-These Quests has specific rules that applies, it could be a cooking contest, rescuing a Pichu from the cliff, Digging up fossils, assisting Officer Jenny in a crime scene or even Gym Battles!
- All Quest entries also gives you a prize for entering, sometimes its a pokemon, sometimes its an item you can add to your collection card.
- Once a Quest is over you will not have a chance to win a feature from it. But you can still join the Quest for fun anytime. And yes you can still get the prize for entering. If you are wondering what the current quests are, please go to the main page to find a custom box with details of current quests available.
- You cannot capture Pokemon during the quests. UNLESS the prize for that quest is a Pokemon then feel free to do that.Closed Quests
Sometimes you will notice some quests are closed, these are due to various reason, maybe the quest creator wanted them removed due to personal reason or the fact that the quests is only supposed to be up for a limited time. If it is indeed closed, there will be a CLOSED stamp over the quest template for that quest, you will also not be able to submit to that folder either. Weekly Events
Every week there will be an event, unlike the Quests, there are no winners. But doing these quests will give you something in return.Pokemon Sunday/Quiz
Every sunday (It could be a Saturday night for countries.. so lets just say weekend) there is a Pokemon giveaway in the chatroom chat.deviantart.com/chat/Pokem…
and sometimes we have a quiz to see who can win a special Pokemon (used to be zorua but now its an Eevee), the admin would ask 20 Pokemon related questions. Its also a great way to come in and meet the other members. Medals and Legendary Pokemon wins
We have a medal telly to keep track on who has won what in the Rainbow region (Medal telly located on the front page). We have QUEST MEDALS, you get 2 medals for every quest you win, and 1 medal for every honorable mention. for KIND DONATION MEDALS, you get one if you have donated points to help the group out, QUIZ MEDALS, you get one for winning a quiz. And for every 10 QUEST MEDALS you win you get yourself a legendary Pokemon! (First one being a Shaymin) Please check the Medal Telly to see what Legendary Pokemon are available. More rules about legendary pokemon and medals here pokemonrainbow.deviantart.com/…Forum
We have a forum for those who wants to talk to other Rainbros, its much easier to talk to each other on the forum and discuss about things. here is the link to it www.mich.saike.cal24.pl/index.…